Pages

Categories

Archives

DWTS Tour

See Derek perform on the Dancing with the Stars tour.
BUY TICKETS ONLINE NOW

Hough Links

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

February 2009
M T W T F S S
« Dec   Mar »
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
232425262728

Marriann and myself apologize for not being able to keep this up to date. Marriann has been extremely busy moving to Nashville and then a number of different family issues to deal with along the way. Seems like the job of mother never ends.

I talked with Marriann today and we’re thinking about working out a way for Marriann to possibly record a quick audio “podcast” about Derek and Julianne. I would then post the audio for everyone to enjoy. We’ll see how that goes and if it works out the way we’d like it to work out.

Marriann is very excited for the next season of Dancing with the Stars. I’m sure everyone saw the Dancing with the Stars couples. Derek is paired with Grammy Award winning rapper Lil’ Kim. Julianne is paired with country singer (and boyfriend) Chuck Wicks.

Should be another exciting season of Dancing with the Stars. Hopefully Marriann and myself will have time to share some interesting details on the life of Derek and Julianne.

15 Comments

1. Does the fam just follow Julianne wherever she goes? lol

Comment by drflg — February 19, 2009 @ 10:03 am

2. I wouldn’t say so. Although, Julianne’s mom has been trying to help her as much as possible. Sounds like most moms to me.

Comment by John — February 19, 2009 @ 10:11 am

3. Yeah sure does. Sounds like she helps her out a lot.

Comment by drflg — February 19, 2009 @ 10:20 am

4. Hi Marriann. I’m a fan of both of your talented children. Could you answer a question for me? I was reading on the Country Music is Love blog that Julianne and her ex-dance partner (Apolo) had a big falling out and are no longer speaking. Is that true?

Comment by madeleine — February 24, 2009 @ 12:04 pm

5. madeleine,
    Marriann isn’t around a computer much right now so she won’t be able to respond to your question specifically. Last I had heard from Marriann they were still on good terms. Maybe something else has happened, but that wasn’t the case when I last talked to Marriann.

Comment by John — February 24, 2009 @ 3:55 pm

6. Mrs. Hough – My husband and I are senior citizens and live in middle Georgia and had planned to travel to the Strawberry Festival in Florida to see your daughter perform (a distance of about 350 miles) on March 8, 2009. We were to meet 2 other senior citizen couples from Florida who loved Julianne also. Needless to say we were so disappointed that she cancelled her appearance there. I don’t know if we will ever have another opportunity to see her sing as we are both in our mid-seventies.

Comment by Betty Ramsdale — February 25, 2009 @ 6:00 pm

7. Speaking of former partners, Is Julianne and Cody still in contact? I know they said that they became good friends while on the show, but didn’t know if they had a chance to talk much being so busy and all. I saw where Cody introduced BHB when they performed at the Roxy. He was so enamored by Julianne….it was cute. Anyway, was just curious if they’ve made time for each other?

Comment by Randi — February 26, 2009 @ 9:55 am

8. Betty,
    Sorry to hear about you not getting to see Julianne. Julianne is performing all over. Take a look at the list of Julianne Hough tour dates and locations and I’m guessing you should be able to find another tour stop where you can see Julianne.

Comment by John — February 27, 2009 @ 12:03 am

9. Randi,
    I think you hit it on the head. They are both so busy that I’m pretty sure they don’t get much chance to see each other. Although, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were sharing an occasional message on their blackberrys.

I agree that Julianne and Cody were cute together. Nice to have Julianne be the older one for once.

Comment by John — February 27, 2009 @ 12:04 am

10. I love Julianne and just voted for her for Top New Female Vocalist. I saw her sing last summer on Brad’s tour. I noticed something wierd on her MySpace. Is she now dating both Chuck and her ex-fiance? I see Chuck’s picture on the main page. All she talks about in interviews is Chuck. But I see Zack’s picture in her photo section. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=191068936&albumID=833144&imageID=7527272.

Why is his picture still up if she is with Chuck? It’s a pretty cozy picture too. I’m confused. Thank you.

Comment by Sue — February 27, 2009 @ 2:08 am

11. Sue,
    I wouldn’t read into the myspace thing much. I’m also sure that Marriann knows very little about Julianne’s myspace.

She’s with Chuck and not with Zack. I haven’t talked to her about it, but doesn’t it make sense that Julianne might have parted with Zach on good terms and so she might be ok with a picture of him on her myspace. Plus, myspace doesn’t really get rid of pictures.

Comment by John — February 27, 2009 @ 10:54 am

12. um, ok John. I do realize that Julianne herself would need to delete a picture of Zack on her MySpace. I’m not dumb. I don’t appreciate being talked down to either. I have a MySpace account. I know how it works. I just asked a question. I have been a friend on both of her MySpace accounts for almost 2 years now. I’ve seen pictures of Zack on both of her accouts – myspace.com/2b1g and the music myspace. His pictures haven’t been deleted and there are none of Chuck. You answered my question.

Comment by Sue — February 27, 2009 @ 7:08 pm

13. Hey Sue,
    Sorry that it sounded like I was talking down to you. I can see why you thought I was talking down to you. That definitely wasn’t my intention. I was just trying to share an alternative thought on why his picture might still be on her myspace account.

Please accept my apologies for sounding like I was talking down to you. That wasn’t my intention.

Comment by John — February 27, 2009 @ 7:25 pm

14. I’m sorry too John. I was just mistaken. It’s difficult for a fan when you see this stuff. Someone upstream mentioned posts on Country Music is Love regading Apolo Ohno. There are recent posts there also claiming that Julianne and Zack will probably get married someday. Thank you again for doing this with Marriann. At least we can always find the truth here.

Comment by Sue — February 28, 2009 @ 10:08 am

15. Hey John,
    Just wanted to say that i saw Julianne in concert in Tarboro,NC this past friday. I also happen to be in the right place since a friend was able to get me a pass for a meet and greet. I was thrilled that I got her autograph and got to talk to her for a minute. I kind of felt sorry for the other fans that would not get an autograph since i figured she would leave right after the show. But even after her awesome concert, she stayed for at least 2 hours signing autographs for everyone that stayed to see her. She has so many little fans that were so excited to see her and she did not dissapoint. Please let her know that as a fan, I think she showed so much class and professionalism. I will stay a fan, and not pay attention to anything negative written about her. And i will be rooting for her this season, even if she is with her boyfreind.;)

Neal

Comment by Neal — March 2, 2009 @ 5:59 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.